Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thriller - Jeff Abbott - Collision (2008)

Believe it or not, I only recently got a library card. I know, right? Especially with it being within walking distance and with monthly writers' group meetings there. But the fact of the matter is with an extensive personal library, it's hard to justify picking up a book at the public library.

But since I had to do something uncomfortable to practice skills learned in group therapy, I decided to make it something that would reward me. So, fresh and new library card in hand, I picked up the first book in the fiction section that was not a Book # of Many More.

Collision is about two guys on the run from the law and more dangerous guys. Ben Forsberg is a consultant to a security corporation and is a person of interest now because a guy who killed another guy left Ben's business card with the corpse. Pilgrim is a guy who works for a secret government agency that has been ripped apart by bad guys, and is also the guy who left the card. They have to learn to trust each other because they've both been set up to take the fall for a bunch of shit.

This book is like an action movie in book form. If you like CIA dramas, terrorism thrillers, and murderer mysteries, you might find something you like in this book. Personally, I recognize that it isn't FOR me. Also, the theme song of this book should be "It's a Small World" because everyone is being played by someone else regardless of how many years between. Almost no character is used only once, unless as bullet fodder. So don't sit there thinking one person will never show up again until they are dead. Because they will. Ad nauseum.

All in all, I didn't enjoy reading this book. But like I said, it's not FOR me. It's for someone else. So maybe you would enjoy it. But to me it feels very average, almost mediocre.

6.5/10

Buy it @ Amazon.
Buy it @ Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment